Thursday a.m. things

Well, Michael Young has supposedly won the gold glove in the American League at shortstop.  I talked about this last night, so I won't belabor it again this morning, other than to note that, for what it is worth, Young wasn't as bad this season as he has been in the past.  He still wasn't good -- he definitely wasn't the best defensive shortstop in the league -- but he wasn't awful, as he has been in prior years.

Evan Grant's article this morning says that Jon Daniels and his group have spent about 90% of the time focused on pitching, with the other 10% devoted to finding a third baseman.  Grant says Hank Blalock likely won't be able to play third base, and neither Casey Blake nor Joe Crede look like good fits among free agents. 

Grant also says that, vis-a-vis Marlins pitchers, the Rangers are more interested in Anibal Sanchez and Ricky Nolasco than Scott Olsen.

Jeff Wilson breaks down the four Rangers catchers, with scouting reports for each of them, and mentions that the BoSox have talked about Saltalamacchia and Teagarden.  The Boston Globe also mentions those two in connection with the BoSox.

The Detroit Free Press says the Tigers are interested in Gerald Laird, but don't have the starting pitching the Rangers want. 

 

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Lone Star Ball

You must be a member of Lone Star Ball to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Lone Star Ball. You should read them.

Join Lone Star Ball

You must be a member of Lone Star Ball to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Lone Star Ball. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker