I could do without right now. I have tried to stay positive with this team. After all I didn't expect then to finish with more than 75 wins or so. The last 4 games though have left me rather upset. There are many players that are underperforming right now, but here are the 5 guys that I would like to see gone as soon as possible.
1) Ben Broussard - I was not a fan of him coming here to begin with. He has shown some power and that he can hit RHP a little but his defense is pretty bad and I don't think he hits over .240 as a full-time player. I'm one of the few that still thinks Botts has a shot and this year should be that chance. Dump Broussard.
2) Marlon Byrd - Byrd is a great guy. I love his hustle, defense, and attitude. However I don't think he can hit like he did last year and whatever value he had at the beginning of the year is slowly fading away. Deal him to a team that needs a defensive 4th OFer.
3) Frank Catalanotto - The guy has no defensive value and on a team that is already loaded with left-handed hitters his offensive value is almost non-existent as well. I think Cat is on the way down. He has been a good hitter over his career but last year was the beginning of his decline. Hopefully he starts to hit well enough for some team to want to pick up his contract.
4) Jason Jennings - The guy has shown little control and his velocity is at 82-86 mph. That's just not going to work. I think he would lead the league in HR allowed if kept in the rotation all year. It's still early but he has shown me nothing so far and I wouldn't be hurt if he was DFA'd tomorrow.
5) Gerald Laird - I will say this about OMFT. He can bunt and has a very good arm. That's about it though. I'm not a fan of his other defensive abilities including handling the pitching staff, getting in front of balls in the dirt, and framing pitches. He does have some value and the Rangers should take advantage of that ASAP. Salty is tearing up AAA right now and this lineup needs another right-handed bat.
List the 5 Rangers that you would dispose of and why. And yes, you could include a coach, for example. Or perhaps a certain over-paid player who is defensively challenged if you wish. Vote in the Poll for the one that stands out the most to you.