I have lurked on this site for a long time. Now I may have something to say:
1. I have followed baseball since 1959, when Bobby Allison, Camilo Pascual and Pedro Ramos played for the Senators. Oh yeah, some guy named Killebrew.
2. In all of those years I have never expereienced the lows and highs this team has given. Those first 27 games were as painful as anything I have ever watched. These last 69 games have been as exciting as any team I have seen. We are never out of any game, no matter how bad a deficit we find ourselves.
3. That said, I don't know if one starter and one reliever do anything for us this year.
4. If we win at a 66% level, we go 94-68. If California goes at their present pace, 60%, they go 97-65. That assumes we win every series from here on out 2-1. Hey, it could happen.
5. What about the wild card? Yeah, I guess it's possible given the Rays demise but will 94 games replace them or the Yankees? I hope so.
Notwithstanding my concerns, I love watching this team.