This has been hashed out in several forums. Sorry I'm late for the party, but had this brainstorm recently.
'09 is a contract year for Adrian Beltre. It is also a contract year for Padilla, and could be one for Millwood. All three will paid roughly the same amount next season.
Both teams are obviously building for the future, and none of these guys will be part of that future.
So the proposal is either Millwood or Padilla for Beltre straight-up.
What is in it for Texas?
- A right-handed bat to hit in the middle of the line-up
- A good defensive player at 3B
- Chris Davis back to 1B
- No pushing MY to 3B
- No rushing Andrus to the parent club
What is in it for Seattle?
- An established pitcher to replace Bedard
- Clears a spot for Matt Tuiasosopo
This idea is not well thought-out or heavily researched. Just a thought for discussion.