Headed to Wichita Falls this morning so I will post this one early.
It does not appear that Travis Chick is destined to become our sexiest new prospect. Ben Snyder, on the other hand, turned in a yeoman's performance in relief, with 5.1 shutout innings, only 3 baserunners (2 H, 1 BB), and 4 Ks. Very solid. I think that guy is going to help this club somehow, at some point. The Frisco box here: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2010_08_16_tulaax_friaax_1
- OKC (7:05): Mehscoso. It seems like he's pitching every other day.
- FRI: Off
- BAK (9:05): Boscan. He's gotten roughed up 2 of his last 3 outings, but the K/9 and K/BB were still excellent. He gave up 3 homers last time, but that was the night the wind was blowing straight out to center at 20 mph. Even Cliff Lee is going to have trouble in that hellish pitcher's environment. Call me cautiously optimistic about Fredo right now.
- HIC (6:05): Tullis. He's been roughed up lately too, but unlike Boscan, he doesn't have shiny strikeout and walk numbers to ameliorate it.
- SPO (8:35): Randal Rojas.
- ARI (9:00): Carlos Melo.
Questions for today:
1. Are you optimistic, cautiously optimistic, or not at all optimistic about Boscan prospect status?
2. Where do you slot Lujack AKA miles into the prospect rankings this winter?