Well, that was fun. After a weekend filled with drama, suspense, and predictability, we arrive at week 11 in this season. It's nut crunching time and experts are actively trying to fill students/alumni/fan's heads with dreams of traveling to exotic locations such as Boise, Shreveport, and Jaxsonville. Let's take a look at what we learned this week, shall we?
1. The Heisman is up for grabs. Optimus Klein had a very meh game, when you look at the numbers, and then comes word that he is injured. Now, I don't know the extent of said injury and I'm sure he'll be fine, but that does open the door for the competition. Contenders - Mantei Te'O - ND, Kenjon Barner - Oregon, AJ McCarron - Bama, Braxton Miller - tOSU.
2. ND almost STBF. We were almost reminded of that nightmarish weekend in 1993 when Boston College came to South Bend after the Irish had upset then #1 Florida State and ended their perfect season. Don't look now, but Boston College is next on the Irish's schedule. I'm not saying BC, but it's BC.
3. Oregon likes to score points. But you knew that already. We've seen this team before, though, when an ultra violent scoring machine in Oregon met up with Auburn in the National Championship. Does anyone really want to see that again? Maybe.
4. Johnny Football gonna Johnny Football. Alright, naysayers, you impressed now? A&M finally beat a legit SEC D on the road to remain unbeaten on the road. Or did they? I'm starting to heavily doubt the Bulldog's legitimacy to their record before they met Bama. They could easily lose 3 in a row with a trip to Baton Rouge next week. Next up for the Aggies? You all know who it is. Let's have some fun.
5. GOD BLESS YOU, SAN DIEGO STATE!!!!! If you don't know why, look in to it.
Before the schedule, I'd like to half-assedly congradulate JDT on winning our bet. I still say that spread is way to high, but it is what it is....
|uesday, November 6|
|8:00 PM||Ball State at No. 25 Toledo||Tickets|
|Wednesday, November 7|
|8:00 PM||Bowling Green at Ohio||Tickets|
|Thursday, November 8|
|7:00 PM||Louisiana-Monroe at Arkansas State||Tickets|
|7:30 PM||No. 10 Florida State at Virginia Tech||Tickets|
|Friday, November 9|
|8:00 PM||Pittsburgh at Connecticut||Tickets|