fun facts about nolan ryans cattle ranch:
- Our program is open to all breeds of beef cattle. We accept and prefer cattle with visible signs of Bos Indicus influence. Dairy breeds are excluded.
- All cattle must be fed a high concentrate grain-based ration for a minimum of 100 days prior to slaughter. The average grain consumption must equal 50% or more of the ration during the 100 days prior to slaughter.
- Cattle will not be fed any feed additive that is both classified by the FDA as an "antibiotic" and is used solely for growth promotion purposes during the last 100 days they are fed in confinement prior to slaughter. Furthermore, cattle cannot receive an injection of an antibiotic during the last 100 days prior to slaughter. All cattle that have received an antibiotic injection during the last 100 days prior to slaughter must be removed from the shipment to the packinghouse or identified with a medical tag that can easily be identified at the packinghouse. These cattle will be excluded from the program.
- Cattle will receive a minimum oral dose of 75,000 I.U.'s of Vitamin E prior to slaughter.
- Cattle cannot receive a growth-stimulating hormone implant within 100 days prior to slaughter.
- Cattle cannot be fed corn products found to contain Aflatoxin exceeding recommended levels set forth by USDA.
- Only steers and heifers are eligible for this program.
- Cattle cannot be fed any meat or bone meal products prohibited by the Food and Drug Administration and/or USDA.