hello goodbye hello goodbye
- 1484 – William Caxton printed the first English translation of Aesop's Fables.
- 1913 – First Balkan War: After a five-month siege, the Bulgarian Second Army captured the Ottoman city ofAdrianople.
- 1939 – Spanish Civil War: Nationalists began their final offensive of the war, at the end of which they controlled almost the entire country.
- 1978 – Four days before the scheduled opening of Japan's Narita International Airport (pictured), a group of protesters destroyed much of the equipment in the control tower with Molotov cocktails.
- 1997 – Police in Rancho Santa Fe, California, discovered the bodies of 39 members of Heaven's Gate who had died in an apparent cult suicide.
- 1999 – Jack Kevorkian, an American advocate for and practitioner ofphysician-assisted suicide, was found guilty of murder in the death of aterminally ill patient.