May 29, 2012; Arlington, TX, USA; Texas Rangers catcher Yorvit Torrealba (8) points a toy gun at relief pitcher Robbie Ross (46) as starting pitcher Scott Feldman (left) and pitching coach Mike Maddux (far left) and relief pitcher Mike Adams (right) watch prior to the game against the Seattle Mariners at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Ross as part of his rookie hazing wears a pink backpack and toy guns prior to each game. Mandatory Credit: Jim Cowsert-US PRESSWIRE
M's 10, Rangers 3
- What in the world was Joe Nathan doing pitching the 9th inning with the Rangers down 7 runs, after having pitched the night before? That was his third outing in four games. I don't know what was going on there. I'm confused.
- Scott Feldman didn't pitch poorly. The relievers didn't really pitch poorly. Mike Adams got dinged for three runs in 0 innings pitched, though he faced four batters and gave up three not terribly well hit grounders and a line drive to right field Nelson Cruz should have caught. It was just one of those games.
- When Elvis Andrus and Adrian Beltre both make awful, run-allowing errors in the same game, you know its just not your night.
- Hey, Josh Hamilton homered! That was pretty cool.
- But, yeah, that was a lousy game all around. It happens. Let's pound some Budweiser and go get them tomorrow.