Rangers 1, D-Backs 0
- There was a 29 minute rain delay, and this game still only took 2 hours and 45 minutes to play.
- Over his last 5 starts, spanning 38 innings, Matt Harrison has allowed 6 runs.
- In their last 5 games, the Rangers have allowed 6 runs, 5 of which came in one game on Saturday.
- Wade Miley, despite picking up the loss, pitched really well tonight, striking out 8 Rangers, walking just 1, and allowing just 3 hits in 7.2 innings.
- The Rangers 3 hits today were all singles -- one by Josh Hamilton, one by Brandon Snyder, and one by Craig Gentry.
- The Craig Gentry single, which drove home Mike Napoli from second (he'd walked to start off the 8th inning, and was sacrificed to second by Yorvit Torrealba), glanced off the glove of Ryan Roberts. Napoli didn't beat the throw home by very much. If Roberts either makes the play on that ball, or if the ball goes cleanly into left field without hitting his glove, Napoli probably doesn't score, and the game is presumably 0-0 going into the bottom of the 9th. Game of inches.
- Texas has now won 4 of their last 5.