Do the Rangers even play baseball games anymore?
Since the Rangers have only played three times in a week, everyone has sort of forgotten about them. All of the beat writers are covering Frisco Roughriders games now. Here's coverage of two innings that Neftali Feliz threw in a rehab start for Frisco from practically everyone you've ever heard of:
- Evan Grant was at Dr. Pepper Ballpark to see Feliz strikeout four batters.
- Christian Corona has 673 words on Feliz's outing.
- Anthony Andro notes that Feliz's fastball topped out at 96 MPH.
- Jeff Wilson has quotes from Feliz about the Rangers' plans for him once he is finished rehabbing.
- Richard Durrett offers his own observations from Feliz's start.
- Jon Poorman of the Star-Telegram also writes about Feliz. So there's someone you might not have heard of.
Wilson offers a look back at the week that was for the Rangers from the KC All-Star Abomination to a million days off in Seattle.
Drew Davison takes a look at how things will change next season with Houston coming to the A.L. West and baseball going to a 15x15 team format for each league.
Bryan Dolgin's Rangers Magazine covers Jurickson Profar at the Futures Game and the Rangers signing of Jairo Beras being upheld by MLB. There's a podcast with Rangers director of international scouting Mike Daly that covers the Beras signing. I would assume it is worth your time.
Lastly, it's a slow news day, here's a blog post about Josh Hamilton receiving licorice from the stands in Seattle. (The author of said blog refers to the candy as Twizzlers but, to the trained candy eye, we all know that it is Red Vines.)