Tesla was a pretty interesting guy
- According to legend, he was born at exactly midnight during an electrical storm.
- Tesla was celibate and asexual, and he said his celibacy helped him in his scientific work.
- Some people think he had OCD. He would always do things in threes and refused to stay in any hotel room unless its number was divisible by three.
- He felt physically revolted at the sight of jewelry, especially pearl earrings.
- He hated to touch round objects or human hair other than his own.
- He was obsessed with pigeons. When he lived in New York City, he bought special seed for the pigeons in Central Park and brought some into his apartment.
- Tesla became a vegetarian late in life.
- Once he fired a secretary for being overweight, and another time he repeatedly told an assistant to go home and change her clothing because he didn't like it.
- He wouldn't hold conversations without his Tesla coil blasting electricity through the room. This often terrifled the audience, but he assured them it was safe.
- Tesla made his first $1 million by the age of 40 but didn't care much about material wealth, and died rather poor.
- He believed in eugenics.
- Tesla believed in feminism and thought women would become the dominant gender in the future.
He spoke eight languages: Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latin, and Serbo-Croatian.