First post in a subthread should be a description of what you are, below it people can ask you questions
AmA = "I am a"
AMA = "Ask me anything"
AMAA = "Ask me almost anything"
Examples from the last month on r/IAmA
- We are engineers and scientists on the Mars Curiosity Rover Mission, Ask us Anything!
- IAMA 97 year old that worked Apollo missions 1 through 14 and knew two presidents before they were president, AMA
- I spent 17 months in a 3rd world country (horrible conditions) jail because of a YouTube video I made. AMA.
- IAmA casino table games and poker dealer, with extensive knowledge of useless casino numbers and trivia that only Reddit would find interesting. AMA.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Ken Jennings
- Louis CK
- Bill Nye
- Bruce Campbell
- Bear Grylls
- Colin Mochrie
- moot (4chan founder)
IAmAs Should NOT Be About:
Your experiences on the internet.
Something previously posted multiple times, or common topics.
Your day, your girlfriend, being bored or drunk, your opinion on something, etc.
- Stories about fetishes, abuse, drugs, relationships, or mental disorders are too common
Reddit Celeb IAmA Archive: