Where's all the love? Seems the CFBT's have getting worse by the week, even moreso than Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I guess it's for lack of content. I blame myself. So, what did we learn from this past week's big time matchups?
1. Oregon is still Oregon and can't play against old fashioned football apparently.
2. Bama is still Bama. Yawn.
3. Baylor is legit, yet people still question them because of a god awful showing on offense from OU.(Hint - they're legit. Yeah. I said it. BAMA/BAYLOR for the whole shebang!)
4. Some say the race for the Heisman is over, with the exception of a Tallahassee woman in December of 2012. Apparently Mr. Winston grew over half a foot over the half year. Who knew? Then there's this, with a little love thrown to Mr. Petty as well.
5. For his services rendered and beating OU 2 out of the last 3 years, Mr. Briles now makes more a year than the likes of Patterson, Sumlin, and more. I realize 4-6 shouldn't merit a raise, but where was the love in 2011 after winning a BCS game?
On to this week. Kind of a let down from last week's mega ranking blowout, but there are some gems in there. Tonight, the Fightin' Closures travel to Clemson. Ok, maybe that wasn't the start we should have gone with. Friday, Washington heads to Pasadena to face a UCLA squad that has no dog in the Pac 12 South race, according Dirk Diggler. Don't look now, but U$C is lurking behind the Bruins. Georgia makes one last final attempt at staying in the SEC East race with a trip to Auburn. For my Aggies' sake, Go Dawgs. The Fightin' Schultzys travel to Austin, Texas in a matchup worthy of Musberger bringing the claws to the chalkboard with his incessant murmuring of "McCoy" and "Shipley" yet again. The Fightin' Kingsburys and the darlings of the BCS, Baylor face off at AT&T Death Star Jerrworld. With Sky Mirror in attendance, will Kingsbury be able to take his eyes off himself and focus on the game? And finally, Stanford travels to the Colosseum to play a underrated USC? Are they underrated? I can't tell. Where's Trojan Tuba when we need him?! Rec, Rabble, Rinse, Repeat.
|Thursday, November 14|
|7:30 PM||Georgia Tech at No. 8 Clemson|
|7:30 PM||Marshall at Tulsa||FOX Sports 1|
|Friday, November 15|
|9:00 PM||Washington at No. 13 UCLA|
* - game played at a neutral location