Trivia facts about Porky's
- This was the highest-grossing movie from Canada for 24 years. As of 2010, it is now third highest, having been beaten by Good Cop, Bad Cop and Resident Evil: Afterlife.
- Writer/Director Bob Clark gathered material for the movie over a 15 year period. The story is composite of incidents collected from the males of his generation along with some of his own personal memories from growing up in high school.
- This is the first movie to gross over £1 million at the Irish box office, despite having being banned initially and only released after appeal.
- The film was controversial for showing an erect penis penetrating a peep-hole in the tiled wall of a girl's shower block.
- Film critics Siskel and Ebert [Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert] called the picture one of the worst films of 1982.
- The character name of Beulah Balbricker (Nancy Parsons) was a joke reference to her being a "ball-breaker". She is even referred to being a "ball-breaker" in one scene. The character in the closing credits is simply billed as Balbricker.
- Quite a number of the character names in the movie were double entendres. These included Meat, Porky, Pee Wee, Balbricker, Honeywell and Cherry Forever.