Monday, September 2 3:05: RHP Dan Straily vs. LHP Derek Holland
Tuesday, September 3 9:05: RHP Bartolo Colon vs. LHP Martin Perez
Wednesday, September 4 2:35: RHP Jarrod Parker vs. RHP Yu Darvish
Only dreams now
Here are all of the possible outcomes we could be facing come Wednesday evening:
- Rangers sweep - The Rangers lead the A's in the AL West by 4 games
- Rangers win 2 of 3 - The Rangers lead the A's in the AL West by 2 games
- A's win 2 of 3 - The Rangers and A's are tied in the AL West with 23 games remaining
- A's sweep - The Rangers trail the A's in the AL West by 2 games
Here's a breakdown of the pitching match-ups against, in the words of the Queen, those "Shit ass A's":
- Derek Holland: 9-6, 8.35 K/9, 2.80 BB/9, .304 BABIP, 77.4% LOB, 3.14 FIP, 3.56 xFIP, 4.7 WAR - Last three appearancess: 5 runs allowed in 19.0 innings
- Dan Straily: 7-7, 7.21 K/9, 3.24 BB/9, .281 BABIP, 70.1% LOB, 4.25 FIP, 4.46 xFIP, 1.1 WAR - Last three starts: 10 runs allowed in 15.0 innings
Advantage: (In the first thing that pops into my head when I think of the pitcher)
Goofy goes guh-hyuk, guh-hyuk, guh-hyuk!
- Martin Perez: 8-3, 5.93 K/9, 2.66 BB/9, .279 BABIP, 75.6% LOB, 4.29 FIP, 4.00 xFIP, 1.1 WAR - Last three starts: 9 runs allowed in 20.0 innings
- Bartolo Colon: 14-5, 4.74 K/9, 1.41 BB/9, .294 BABIP, 78.5% LOB, 3.35 FIP, 4.14 xFIP, 3.0 WAR - Last three starts: 11 runs allowed in 11.2 innings
Chet from Weird Science
- Yu Darvish: 12-6, 12.16 K/9, 3.09 BB/9, .260 BABIP, 84.3% LOB, 3.10 FIP, 2.63 xFIP, 4.6 WAR - Last three starts: 8 runs allowed in 21.0 innings
- Jarrod Parker: 10-6, 6.23 K/9, 3.01 BB/9, .256 BABIP, 75.4% LOB, 4.22 FIP, 4.42 xFIP, 1.4 WAR - Last three starts: 5 runs allowed in 24.0 innings
Oakland Athletics (78-58, 2nd Place in AL West)
Rangers' Record vs. Oakland: 8-5 (4-2 at O.co Field)
Oakland's Recent Results: 3-0 home sweep of the Tampa Bay Rays
Oakland's 2013 Home Record: 42-25
O.co Coliseum Park Factors (LHB/RHB): HR: 70/91 - Runs: 85/96
SB Nation Athletics Blog: Athletics Nation
|Match-up: (as of 09/02)||Rangers||A's||Advantage|
|Batting (RAR)||-12.8 (12th)||16.3 (9th)||And it seemed like the Ranger bats were making strides|
|Base Running (RAR)||-6.3 (21st)||4.7 (11th)||No surprise here|
|Starters (RAR)||93.7||52.5||The Rangers are bring their best to Oakland|
|Bullpen (RAR)||57.3 (1st)||39.9 (7th)||Balfour has been vulnerable|
|Defense (UZR)||25.3 (6th)||10.5 (14th)||Where have you gone, Jemile Weeks?|
|Overall (UZR + RAR)||157.2||123.9||
The A's are an all-around solid team; the Rangers have Yu Darvish and Derek Holland
Questions to Answer:
- True or False: You will spend today reflecting on and honoring America's working class?
- Who is your Return of the McLemore Approved Player to Watch in this series? (Derek Holland gets the Rangers off on the right foot with a great outing today.)
- Over/Under: 3.5 hits by whomever the designated hitter is in this series for the Rangers?
- What's your guess for line (IP/H/K/BB/ER) by Yu Darvish on Wednesday afternoon as he tries to put the toughness talk behind him?
- Yea or Nay: The Rangers win another series against Oakland and retain the American League West lead?