(I figure this was easier than doing a GDT too early......)
Well, week 1 is in the wraps and here is what we have learned -
1. Johnny Football is an asshole, but he's the Aggies asshole, kind of like AJ is our Ranger's asshole. I love him for what he is and hate him for what he is for all the right/wrong reasons. 6/8 with 3 of those being TDs is pretty salty - Rice or Texas State, I don't care.
2. JFF 2.0 - Pundits have all but handed the Heisman to Winston from FSU because "he's the next Johnny Football". First off, following Johnny's 2012 season and the remains of his 2013 offseason still lingering hurts your chances, little one. Second, October 19th will be your first exam against a rugged Clemson team and theirs(and currently mine) Heisman favorite, Taj Boyd.
3. Would the real Ja'Devon Clowney please stand up? I'm not buying the stomach bug. Get your shit together, man.
4. Apparently mercy isn't taught to the "new baptists". Your 4th string should've been in by the 2nd quarter, Baylor.
5. TCU will contend for the Big XII - even after losing to LSU. Just a slightly bold prediction.
Week 2 Big Games
Saturday, Sep. 7th
12:00pm - (12) Florida @ Miami - how far this game has fallen? Normally, I'd be up for an interstate rivalry, but there has been little to zero coverage on this one.
4:30pm - (6) Sakerlina @ (11) Georgia - One of these SEC East teams' National Title Hopes will die today, my money is on Richt and company. Poor Aaron Murray.
8:00pm - (14) Notre Dame @ (17) Michigan - What?! A night game for one of the oldest rivalries ever?! What took you so fucking long?! I really have no gauge on this game, but when in doubt, I go with the program I was raised on. Go Irish.
10:30PM - Wazzu @ (24) U$C - I don't expect Trojan to lose, but I do expect the Pirate to make it interesting.
Rec it up, do a little dance, make a little love, Rabble On tonight....