Ubaldo Jimenez and the Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a contract, pending a physical, according to Ken Rosenthal on Twitter.
Various reports from earlier today indicated that the deal was expected to be four years, $48 million.
Jimenez was one of the Frozen Five -- along with Ervin Santana, Nelson Cruz, Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales -- free agents with draft choice compensation attached to them who were finding their markets much less vibrant than was expected.
The Orioles will forfeit their first round draft pick, while the Cleveland Indians, Jimenez's old team, will receive a compensatory pick in the supplemental first round.
- Ryan Dempster will not pitch in 2014
- Mark Mulder injury: ruptured Achilles ends Mulder's comeback
- Mitch Moreland contract: Texas Rangers, Moreland agree to one year deal
- Texas Rangers news: Tommy Hanson signed, Joe Ortiz to the 60 day disabled list
- Matt Garza's vacation might have cost him $2 million