Geovany Soto surgery: the injury Ranger catcher Geovany Soto has been dealing with has resulted in him undergoing surgery, per T.R. Sullivan.
Sullivan writes that a bone in his ankle was putting pressure on his Achilles tendon, and so the surgery removed that bone.
Soto is apparently expected to be ready to start the season on Opening Day, although any setbacks would put that in question.
- 2014 ZiPS OPS Over/Under Poll -- Adrian Beltre
- Texas Rangers prospects: Baseball America top 100 list includes five Ranger minor leaguers
- 2014 ZiPS OPS Over/Under Poll -- Prince Fielder
- 2014 ZiPS OPS Over/Under Poll -- Elvis Andrus
- Texas Rangers update: Jurickson Profar won't throw or hit for a week