2. Houston Rockets (44-19; last week's ranking: 4): Houston has won five straight games with a big test at Oklahoma City on Tuesday. Houston is only two games behind the Thunder.
3. Los Angeles Clippers (44-20; last week's ranking: 6): The Clippers have won a season-high seven straight games. Los Angeles has scored more than 100 points in 20 straight games.
4. Oklahoma City Thunder (46-17; last week's ranking: 3): The Thunder fell to second in the West with their surprising loss to the Lakers on Sunday. Oklahoma City has split its past 10 games.
5. Indiana Pacers (46-17; last week's ranking: 1): Indiana has lost a season-high four straight. Help is on the way: The Pacers face Boston, Philadelphia (twice), Detroit and New York next.
6. Miami Heat (43-17; last week's ranking: 2): The Heat have lost three straight games and are 10-9 on the road against the East. Next up are the Wizards, who won their last meeting on Jan. 15.
7. Golden State Warriors (40-24; last week's ranking: 8): All-Star guard Stephen Curry has been dealing with a right quad injury. Steve Blake has provided quality help.
8. Portland Trail Blazers (42-21; last week's ranking: 7): Portland, losers of two straight games, continues its road trip at Memphis, San Antonio and New Orleans. Depending on how the trip goes, the Blazers could slip more.
9. Dallas Mavericks (38-26; last week's ranking: 10): Dallas has a tough road trip ahead at Golden State, Utah and Oklahoma City. The Mavericks are just 7-11 on the road versus West teams.