Texas Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre has been placed on the 15 day disabled list due to a strained quad, per John Blake on Twitter. Pitcher Hector Noesi, acquired from the Seattle Mariners yesterday, replaces Beltre on the 25 man roster.
This move is not unexpected, in light of Jon Daniels' comments yesterday that the team was leaning towards putting Beltre on the d.l. Beltre is eligible to return from the disabled list on April 24, as his assignment was backdated to April 9. In his absence, Kevin Kouzmanoff is expected to get the bulk of the starts at third base.
- Jon Daniels: Rangers leaning towards putting Adrian Beltre on the disabled list
- Texas Rangers acquire pitcher Hector Noesi from Seattle
- Colby Lewis to start on Monday (if it doesn't rain today)
- Thoughts on a 6-5 Rangers loss
- Thoughts on a very annoying, vexing, yet ultimately triumphant 1-0 Rangers win