Rangers 4, Oakland 3
- How does a 9 inning 4-3 game go 3 1/2 hours?
- Yu Darvish had one of those games that crops up with him from time to time, where he seemingly can't command his fastball (or much else). And he still got a quality start, despite 4 walks and a homer. Yu Darvish...even when he's not pitching well, he pitches well.
- Two more players left with injuries today. Shin-Soo Choo left the game after turning his ankle trying to beat out an infield single, and Neal Cotts left the game after being hit in the hindquarters on a ball back up the middle. Neither injury looked to be serious, but still, knowing how this team's injury luck has been, they'll probably both be put on the 60 day d.l. tomorrow.
- The bullpen did its job once again...3 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 error (on a bad throw by Elvis in the 9th), 0 runs allowed.
- Alex Rios and Prince Fielder each had two hits and a walk, and Prince had a couple of very encouraging at bats, smoking a double to left field, and then absolutely crushing a line drive single into right field, a hit that is one of the hardest-hit balls I've seen from him all season. I feel like I say this every time Prince gets a hit or two, but I think this may be Prince turning the corner.
- Kevin Kouzmanoff also had a pair of hits, and Shin-Soo Choo had a leadoff home run. In fact, with Texas getting 11 hits, drawing 3 walks, and picking up a baserunner on an HBP, I'm wondering why they only scored 4 runs.
- Elvis got another hit, meaning his hit safely in every game he hasn't been ejected from this season.
- Second best record in the A.L., and just a game and a half back in the West. Go kick some ass tomorrow, Nick Martinez.