Blue Jays 4, Rangers 2
- The Rangers have allowed 6 runs, total, in their past 2 games, and have lost both of them. That seems to sum up the 2014 season.
- Not a particularly good outing for Robbie Ross today. On the plus side, he only gave up 1 run. On the negative side, he only went 4.1 innings, after throwing 51 pitches in the first two innings. He wouldn't be in the rotation right now were it not for the injuries to Martin Perez and Matt Harrison, and I suspect he's the guy who will get bumped when another starter is ready.
- The bullpen allowed 3 runs, which is disappointing...but then, the Rangers only scored two runs, so you can't get that upset with the bullpen. More puzzling to me was that Wash went with Jason Frasor in the 9th inning, when Joakim Soria hasn't pitched since Monday, and has only pitched three times in the month of May.
- The offense...I don't even want to talk about the offense. With Prince Fielder on the shelf the next couple of days, the Rangers were rolling with what looks like a split-squad spring training lineup.
- Oh, and a couple of morons got caught on camera fighting for a bat in the stands. Way to represent Rangers fans admirably, you clowns.
- This is four losses in a row, and a 20-23 record. I'm not giving up, but at this point, I'm trying to get myself in the mindset where playing meaningful games late in September will be considered a pleasant surprise, not something to be expected.
- Leonys Martin has a hell of an arm.