There's lots of Rangers news today, apparently.
Robbie Ross will no longer be in the Rangers' rotation, per the beat writers on Twitter. He is moving to the bullpen.
Also slated for the bullpen is Tanner Scheppers, who will be working in relief when he starts his rehab stint in the minors on Saturday. Initially, it was reported that Scheppers would work as a starter while rehabbing, with the Rangers putting off making a decision on what role he'd be in when he returned. Now, per T.R. Sullivan, the Rangers are opting to have him be in the bullpen.
Scott Baker will be replacing Robbie Ross in the Rangers' rotation, at least for the time being. Joe Saunders is on a rehab stint, and could replace Baker in the rotation once he is ready.
Geez. Its been a busy Tuesday at the Ballpark.
- Tanner Scheppers, potential #1 starter? Some in the organization think so, per Sullivan
- Tanner Scheppers update: Scheppers to start rehab assignment, as a starter, on Saturday
- Prince Fielder, Leonys Martin both scratched from the lineup
- Texas Rangers call Chris Gimenez up, option J.P. Arencibia
- Series Preview: Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers - Turn The Page