Orioles 7, Rangers 1
- That was a really terrible game. Just a big bag of unpleasantness all around.
- Joe Saunders gave up 4 home runs, and I'm kind of surprised it was only 4. His final line was 5 IP, 9 hits, 7 runs, 2 walks, 2 Ks, and the 4 bombs. Saunders has now allowed 20 runs in his last 3 outings, and has a 6.13 ERA and a 2.07 WHIP on the season. Jeff Wilson suggested on Twitter that the clock is ticking on Saunders, and there's been mention of Miles Mikolas possibly getting a look the next time the Rangers need a starter. Even in Saunders' more successful outings, he's been hit hard. I think we're approaching the point where the Rangers write this off as a failed experiment, cut ties with Saunders, and move on.
- Shawn Tolleson, Ben Rowen and Scott Baker each pitched a scoreless inning tonight. So that's something.
- As for the position players, the Rangers registered four hits, drew two walks, and made two errors.
- It was a dreadful night. I really have no positive takeaways from it.
- The good thing is, there's another game tomorrow.