In the wake of yesterday's no-hitter by Justin Verlander, I am throwing out some no-hitter trivia this afternoon...
As always, no Googling, no looking up on Baseball Reference, etc. etc. etc
- What three Brewer positional players did not put a ball in play against Justin Verlander yesterday?
- What Ranger made the last out in Mark Buehrle's no hitter?
- Who got the only hit against Curt Schilling in Schilling's no-hit bid earlier this year?
- Who made the last out in Kenny Rogers' perfect game?
- Who was the losing pitcher for the Anaheim Angels in Kenny Rogers' perfect game?
- Who made the last out for the Rangers' when Mike Witt pitched a perfect game against them?
- Who was the losing pitcher for the Rangers in the Witt perfect game?
- What Angel batter drove in the only run of the game in the Witt perfect game?
- What pitcher's 2001 no-hitter included 9 walks allowed and a total of 141 pitches?
- What 4 pitchers in major league history have thrown 2 no hitters in the same season?
Update [2007-6-13 18:18:38 by Adam J. Morris]: -- Answers after the jump...
1. Tony Graffanino (4 Ks), Geoff Jenkins (3 Ks), Bill Hall (3 walks)
2. Gerald Laird
3. Shannon Stewart
4. Gary DiSarcina
5. Andrew Lorraine
6. Marv Foley
7. Charlie Hough
8. Reggie Jackson
9. A.J. Burnett
10. Nolan Ryan, Johnny Vander Meer, Virgil Trucks, and Allie Reynolds