- The Rangers scored 26 runs in games started by Felix Hernandez and Chris Sale in the past week
- The Rangers hit a season high five home runs tonight
- The Rangers hit four home runs off of Sale, a career high - the most he had allowed in a start previously was two
- The Rangers had hit six total home runs in their previous 11 games combined
- The Rangers are now a season high 22 games above .500
- The Rangers now lead in the American League West by 3 1/2 games
- The Rangers continue to be tied with the Detroit Tigers for the best record in the American League
Player of the Game: In his first start as a Texas Ranger, Adam Rosales was the DH hitting 9th in the lineup against Chris Sale. This sounded like madness. Trust the gut. Rosales made his mark when he hit a two-run dong in the 2nd inning and followed that up with an RBI sac fly in the 4th.