Evan Grant has a blog post up today, in which he handicaps the odds of each of the eight candidates the Rangers have interviewed ultimately ending up with the job.
Interestingly, the top three candidates I'd previously pegged, based largely on speculation and hypothesizing, are the top three candidates on Evan's list -- Tim Bogar (at even money), followed by Jeff Banister and Kevin Cash.
It sounds like the Rangers are going to be moving forward with any second interviews early next week, and I expect we'll know who the next Ranger manager will be by Friday, which will allow us to focus on more pressing matters, such as whether we'd rather have Justin Masterson or Jason Hammel as the #3 starter next season.
- Poll -- Which manager candidate from outside the organization do you prefer?
- Texas Rangers rumors: Joe McEwing, Alex Cora among six managerial candidates to be interviewed by Rangers
- Texas Rangers rumors: Tim Bogar to interview for Diamondbacks manager job
- Texas Rangers rumors: Michael Young joining the front office?
- Texas Rangers rumors: Justin Masterson, potential offseason acquisition