Texas Rangers rumors: Tim Bogar, Kevin Cash and Jeff Banister are the three finalists to be named the Rangers' next manager, according to the beat guys on Twitter.
Those are the three candidates who we had identified as the most likely finalists last week, and they will be brought back for a second round of interviews this week, with Evan Grant saying someone should be named the new manager by the end of the week.
2014 was Bogar's first season with the Rangers, as he replaced Jackie Moore as bench coach prior to Ron Washington's resignation as manager in September. Bogar then took over as interim manager, and went 14-8 in his stint.
Banister is the bench coach for the Pittsburgh Pirates, where he has worked closely with manager Clint Hurdle, who was the Rangers' hitting coach in 2010.
Cash is the bullpen coach for the Cleveland Indians, and spent the 2011 season as a catcher for the Round Rock Express during the last days of his playing career.
- Torey Lovullo, Alex Cora no longer candidates for Rangers manager job
- Texas Rangers rumors: Evan Grant's managerial odds
- Texas Rangers rumors: Mike Leake, potential offseason acquisition
- Texas Rangers rumors: Justin Masterson, potential offseason acquisition
- Experience worth more than a million dollars for Nick Martinez