Baseball America is finishing up their top 20 league prospect lists this week with the AAA lists, and Luis Sardinas was the lone Ranger prospect to appear in the PCL top 20. Sardinas was ranked 20th.
The lack of representation isn't surprising, since most every quality prospect who was good enough to spend significant time in AAA last year for the Rangers ended up in the major leagues for a good chunk of the year.
Sardinas could find himself being dealt this offseason, as the Rangers have a fair amount of options in the middle infield, and could use him as a chip in an effort to solidify another area this winter. Otherwise, he will be vying for a job as the team's utility infielder this spring, and will return to Round Rock to play shortstop if he doesn't make the team.
- Texas Rangers prospects: Texas League top 20 list includes five Rangers
- Texas Rangers prospects: Carolina League top 20 list dominated by Rangers
- Texas Rangers prospects: Nomar Mazara, Lewis Brinson make Baseball America Sally League top 20
- Texas Rangers prospects: Jake Thompson ranked #13 in Florida State League by Baseball America
- Texas Rangers prospects: Jim Callis has Rangers notes from Arizona