The award will be given by the Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter of the Baseball Writers Association of America each year to a Texas Rangers player "who demonstrates significant improvement over the previous season or seasons through hard work."
It is named for Richard Durrett, the Rangers beat writer who died unexpectedly earlier this year at the age of 38.
- Mariners, Kyle Seager reportedly agree to 7 year, $100 million extension
- Pablo Sandoval to the Boston Red Sox, per multiple reports
- Hanley Ramirez to Boston for estimated 5 years, $90 million, per Ken Rosenthal
- Texas Rangers rumors: Alfaro and Gallo untouchable, but other prospects available, per Ken Rosenthal
- Adam LaRoche to the ChiSox: 2 years, $25 million