Pitcher Hyeon-jong Yang will apparently not be joining the Rangers' rotation. While it is believed that the Rangers made the high bid for the rights to negotiate with Yang, a lefthander in the KBO, reports from Korea indicate that Yang's team, the Kia Tigers, have determined the bid is not high enough for them to accept, and will retain Yang's rights instead.
While there isn't a firm number on the amount of the high bid, it is believed to be around $1.5 million.
This is disappointing news for those of us who wanted to make Yang and Yu jokes, puns and references in our blog posts for the next few years. Alas, it was not to be...
- Texas Rangers rumors: Yang Hyeon-Jong bidding has Texas as high bidder, per report
- Yu Darvish is okay, everybody!
- Robinson Chirinos wins the inaugural Richard Durrett Award
- Texas Rangers rumors: Alfaro and Gallo untouchable, but other prospects available, per Ken Rosenthal
- Texas Rangers rumors: Rangers have inquired on Justin Upton