Ronald Guzman has been released from questioning after being detained because of his involvement in a fatal accident in the Dominican Republic, according to his agent (via Jeff Wilson on Twitter).
Agent for #Rangers prospect Ronald Guzman issued a release, saying Guzman has been released from questioning for involvement in fatal wreck.— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) November 28, 2014
Ronald Guzman was never arrested, just detailed, after motorcyclist crashed into his SUV on Tuesday. Guzman was released Wednesday. #Rangers— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) November 28, 2014
Guzman could still face charges in the wreck, but he wasn't drinking and says the motorcycle crashed after not stopping at an intersection.— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) November 28, 2014
According to the DMN, Guzman has been ordered not to leave the D.R. for the time being. Presumably, a decision will be made in the relatively near future as to whether any charges will be brought against him.
- Ronald Guzman involved in fatal accident in the Dominican Republic
- Pedro Strop involved in serious car accident in the Dominican Republic
- Robinson Chirinos wins the inaugural Richard Durrett Award
- What are you thankful for, Rangers fans?
- Texas Rangers rumors: Alfaro and Gallo untouchable, but other prospects available, per Ken Rosenthal