Kyuji Fujikawa's Texas Rangers contract is for $1 million guaranteed, plus bonuses, per Jon Heyman.
Fujikawa, who was a dominant reliever in Japan before signing with the Chicago Cubs prior to the 2013 season, missed most of the 2013 and 2014 seasons due to Tommy John surgery. The Rangers are hopeful that a now-healthy Fujikawa will be able to give the Rangers another impact righthanded relief arm in the bullpen, to go with Tanner Scheppers, Neftali Feliz, and a few other internal options, such as Roman Mendez, Phil Klein and Corey Knebel.
UPDATE -- Stefan Stevenson says on Twitter that there is also a club option for 2016 with this deal.
- Texas Rangers rumors: Kyuji Fujikawa reportedly close to deal with Rangers
- Texas Rangers acquire Ross Detwiler from the Washington Nationals
- Texas Rangers select Delino DeShields Jr., lose Odubel Herrera in the Rule 5 draft
- Texas Rangers rumors: Wade Miley may or may not have been traded
- Texas Rangers rumors: James Shields, Rangers have met, per report