Josh Donaldson and Billy Beane were "at war" by the end of the 2014 season, with that conflict spurring the shocking trade that sent Donaldson to the Toronto Blue Jays, according to reports that are now coming out.
Donaldson was shipped out for a package that certainly appeared rather underwhelming, and there has been much puzzlement over why a team that appears to be positioning itself to try to contend in 2015 would take a step backwards by dealing Donaldson for Brett Lawrie and three prospects. If, in fact, these reports are correct, and the personal conflict was a motivator, it would certainly help explain why a deal got done.
- Josh Donaldson traded by Oakland to Toronto
- Texas Rangers rumors: Jeff Samardzija a potential Rangers target?
- Nelson Cruz to Seattle Mariners, per report from the D.R.
- Texas Rangers rumors: Alexi Ogando, Mitch Moreland, Neftali Feliz to be tendered contracts
- Baseball America's Texas Rangers top 10 prospects