Matt Harrison update: Matt Harrison's back was bothering him earlier in the week, but via T.R. Sullivan, Harrison says today that he is back to full strength.
Sullivan reports that Harrison will be going back to D/FW on Monday as scheduled, to visit with back specialist Drew Dossett, but if/when Dossett clears him, Harrison will resume throwing and will be back on schedule. Harrison had an MRI earlier in the week that showed nothing to give rise to concerns.
Apparently, Harrison thinks his problems were a result of sleeping in a "bad bed." No word if it was Death Bed: The Bed That Eats People, which is the only bad bed I've heard of before, but regardless, Harrison being healthy is good news.
This has been your daily Matt Harrison back update.
UPDATE -- Tweets from beat reporters have Harrison saying he's unlikely to be ready for Opening Day, but he'd rather miss a start or two and stay healthy than run into problems. The Rangers can arrange their rotation so they won't need a fifth starter until April 8, and then not again until April 15.
- Matt Harrison injury: Matt Harrison feels better today
- Matt Harrison injury: Harrison has lower back stiffness, will undergo MRI
- Geovany Soto surgery: Soto has ankle surgery, will miss three weeks
- Nelson Cruz wanted to play the outfield, Texas wanted him to DH
- Nelson Cruz to Baltimore: 1 year, $8 million