Texas Rangers rumors: Rougned Odor, the Rangers' highly-touted second base prospect, will not start the season in the majors, according to Jon Daniels.
The injury to Jurickson Profar, which is expected to sideline him for 10-12 weeks, had some (such as me) speculating that Odor could replace Profar on the Opening Day roster. However, per the quotes from Daniels in the Evan Grant story linked above, Odor will start the season in Frisco, though JD says Odor could be a consideration at some point later in the season.
That means that the Rangers are going to have to sift through their various utility infield options, such as Josh Wilson and Adam Rosales, as well as whatever waiver-wire flotsam and jetsam there is to potentially claim in the run-up to Opening Day.
- Jurickson Profar injury: Profar out 10 weeks with torn shoulder muscle
- Scheppers in the rotation, Soria is the closer
- Yu Darvish update: Darvish has stiff neck, will not start today
- Mitch Moreland injury: Evan Grant expects Moreland to land on the disabled list
- Elvis Andrus injury: Texas Rangers to sit Elvis for next two days