Marlins 8, Rangers 5
- I really thought, after Brad Snyder scored, the Rangers were going to win this one. But no.
- Colby Lewis still isn't sharp, but just gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. When he left the mound, he put the Rangers in a position to win the game.
- Unfortunately, the bullpen didn't get the job done. Shawn Tolleson gave up a run. Jason Frasor had an uncharacteristically off day. Neal Cotts gave up a line drive two run single to lefty-hitting Christian Yelich to give up the lead. And Tanner Scheppers allowed a couple of runs.
- Not to be outdone, however, was the defense. Three errors, plus Leonys Martin playing a ball up the middle by Yelich too casually, allowing Yelich to turn a single into a double. It was an ugly game.
- The Leonys half-ass play in the outfield was in the top of the 6th. In the bottom of the 6th, with two on and one out, and the Rangers having cut the lead to 4-3, the Marlins went to the bullpen for a lefty, and Ron Washington responded by lifting Martin for Daniel Robertson. I'm curious as to how much of that decision was driven by the poor play in the field in the top of the inning.
- The offense only recorded seven hits on the game, making it rather remarkable they were able to score five runs. Adrian Beltre and Rougned Odor each had two hit games, and Elvis Andrus, Alex Rios and Brad Snyder each had a hit.
- Four game losing streak. Bleah.
- But Joey Gallo went 2 for 2 with a double, a homer and two walks for Frisco today, and Chi Chi Gonzalez threw five scoreless innings in his Frisco debut. So there's that.