Texas Rangers rumors: Jim Adduci has been activated from the 15 day disabled list and is starting in left field for tonight's game, per John Blake on Twitter.
To make room for Adduci on the 25 man roster, the Rangers have optioned Matt West to AAA Round Rock.
Adduci has been on the d.l. since April with a broken left pinky finger. He was expected to return about a month ago, but re-injured the finger while on a rehab assignment. Adduci is expected to get semi-regular playing time in the outfield corners, at first base, and at DH.
Alex Rios is expected to be unavailable for tonight's game because of his sprained ankle, and West threw a bunch of pitches yesterday, so it makes sense to send him down and have an extra position player in place for today's game. When Nick Martinez is activated from the disabled list to start tomorrow's game, I expect that a position player -- likely Dan Robertson -- will be optioned to open up a spot on the 25 man roster for Martinez.
Editor's Note: SB Nation's partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $18,000 Fantasy Baseball league for tonight's MLB games. It's $2 to join and first prize is $2,000. Jump in now. Here's the FanDuel link.
- Tomas Telis, Texas Rangers minor league catcher
- Texas Rangers rumors: Alex Rios injured, out with ankle sprain
- Texas Rangers rumors: Soria, Rios, Cotts available, Andrus, Beltre, Darvish not
- Texas Rangers rumors: Joakim Soria being discussed by the Rangers and Tigers
- Houston Astros fail to sign #1 overall pick Brady Aiken