Rangers 6, Astros 2
- This was a nice outing for Nick Martinez, who picked up his first victory since May with a 5 inning, 2 run performance. Martinez had had a couple of rough starts in a row, and he probably only has two-three more starts in the big leagues before he's replaced by Derek Holland, so it would be nice to see him finish out strong before heading back to the minors or going to the bullpen once that happens.
- Speaking of the bullpen, they provided a solid performance today, with Roman Mendez, Shawn Tolleson and Neftali Feliz combining for four shutout innings. Feliz didn't have his good stuff, unfortunately, but hey, I'll take what I can get right now.
- Oh, hey, Alex Rios re-aggravated his sprained ankle again, and had to leave the game for Jim Adduci. Rios's ankle situation is pretty well ensuring he'll be a Ranger the rest of the season, and make the Rangers decide whether they want to exercise his option or let him move on after the year is up.
- Adrian Beltre is good. 2 for 4 with a home run off of Dallas Keuchel. In fact, five of the Rangers' six runs came off of Keuchel, who has actually been really good this year. So that's a good thing.
- Shin-Soo Choo also had a home run today, off of reliever Jose Veras. Yay! And Choo struck out in three of his other four plate appearances. Dang.
- J.P. Arencibia didn't get a hit, but he also didn't strike out, so that's something.
- One game closer to the offseason.