Corey Knebel and Wilmer Font are done for the season due to elbow injuries, according to the usual suspects.
Evan Grant has a full injury update that includes the news that Knebel, a righthanded reliever who was acquired from the Detroit Tigers in the Joakim Soria trade, has been shut down with an injury to his UCL. The good news is that it doesn't require surgery...the bad news is, well, its a UCL injury.
Also per Grant, Wilmer Font is having surgery to remove bone spurs from his elbow, which will keep him out for the rest of the year, while Engel Beltre is having pain in the leg that he broke this offseason that has kept him on the d.l. all season, and is being examined once again.
- Series Preview: Texas Rangers @ Miami Marlins - Bigfoot sighting
- Don Welke leaving the Rangers to join San Diego front office
- Joey Gallo hits home run No. 40, Pelicans manager goes HAM
- Joey Gallo video and Ryan Rua video -- Gallo and Rua hit home runs
- Nick Williams and Ryan Cordell get minor league promotions