Rangers 5, Marlins 4
- The Rangers split their 2 game set in Miami. Yay?
- The Rangers actually have more wins on the road now than at home -- they are 26-39 on the road, 23-38 at home.
- Good job, Nick Martinez. Nick picked up his third win of the season with a solid 6 IP, 2 run outing, striking out 7, walking just 2, and allowing 6 hits. Martinez threw 62 strikes out of 96 pitches, and dropped his ERA on the season down to 5.13.
- Also good job, Jon Edwards and Roman Mendez. Edwards and Mendez threw a scoreless inning apiece, preserving a three run lead that Texas took into the 9th inning.
- Not really a good job, Neftali Feliz. Feliz, thrust into a save situation, gave up home runs to two of the first three batters he faced, and his velocity didn't look good. After a two-out walk to Christian Yelich brought the winning run to the plate, Ron Washington came out, supposedly to get Feliz. But Feliz apparently talked his way into staying in the game, and he fanned the final batter of the game while throwing in the mid-90s. But hey, the Rangers won, and Feliz got the save, so there you go.
- There was an exciting double-switch that saw Roman Mendez, and then Neftali Feliz, slotted in the #5 spot, with J.P. Arencibia being lifted for Adam Rosales. Woo-hoo! National League baseball!
- Leonys Martin continues to hit a little, getting 3 hits in 4 plate appearances today, and picking up a stolen base. Of course, Leonys also got picked off third base, so you know, two steps forward, one step back.
- Alex Rios and Adrian Beltre also had two hit games. On the flip side, Jim Adduci fanned in his one pinch hit appearance, dropping his line for the season to .170/.235/.239. As a point of comparison, J.P. Arencibia is hitting .178/.244/.382 this season. Adduci, since returning from the d.l., has been hitting like a pitcher.