In a shocking turn of events, we will actually have results to the community projections this year!
We begin with Prince Fielder who rebounded from an injury shortened 2014 to have a solid 2015. LSB projected him fairly well, though the diminished power was a surprise, though not a pleasant one. However, Prince hit over .300 in almost 700 PA and had an OBP of .378 which is excellent. The PA amount is really high and it makes me wonder if Prince played too much, especially with his size and Texas weather.
The commenter who came the closest in projection was: rooster!
- OPT+ is an indicator of how a projection compared to the LSB Average. 100 is average, 110 is 10% better than average, and 90 is 10% worse than average.
- SCORE is an average of the number of standard deviations away from the actual results for each projected value also known as a Z-Score.
- FanGraphs Depth Charts is from FanGraphs.com using their hybrid of ZiPS and Steamer and manually determined playing time.
- The number in parentheses after LSB Average is the total number of entries for this player.
- Spreadsheet with all entries
|FanGraphs Depth Charts||595.0||.270||.368||.454||.822||87||1.45|
|LSB Average (80)||632.7||.279||.373||.484||.857||100||1.08|