I think Mitch Moreland wins the award for the most shocking season. He finally did it! A pretty good year! As a point of comparison, both the FanGraphs Depth Charts and LSB projections expected Rougned Odor to have a slightly higher OPS and more PA. I'm glad for Mitch and I'm glad for the Rangers and hopefully he has another year like this in him for next season.
The commenter who came the closest in projection was: mperkins70!
- OPT+ is an indicator of how a projection compared to the LSB Average. 100 is average, 110 is 10% better than average, and 90 is 10% worse than average.
- SCORE is an average of the number of standard deviations away from the actual results for each projected value also known as a Z-Score.
- FanGraphs Depth Charts is from FanGraphs.com using their hybrid of ZiPS and Steamer and manually determined playing time.
- The number in parentheses after LSB Average is the total number of entries for this player.
- Spreadsheet with all entries
|FanGraphs Depth Charts||469.0||.246||.305||.411||.716||126||1.42|
|LSB Average (77)||350.8||.256||.311||.425||.736||100||1.45|
|Gay For Darvish||150||.230||.320||.320||.609||30||3.44|