Well, the Rangers seem to have signed an incredible bust with Shin-Soo Choo. He can't hit or field or seem to do anything well. He's awful.
It appears the Rangers signed Barry Bonds. That's nice.
It was a crazy year for Choo. But his final numbers look, well, a lot like his career numbers and what you'd have reasonable expected him to produce. Mrs. Choo for MVP! Additionally, this was the player the LSB average got the closest. Who'd have thunk?
The commenter who came the closest in projection was: ok.fester!
- OPT+ is an indicator of how a projection compared to the LSB Average. 100 is average, 110 is 10% better than average, and 90 is 10% worse than average.
- SCORE is an average of the number of standard deviations away from the actual results for each projected value also known as a Z-Score.
- FanGraphs Depth Charts is from FanGraphs.com using their hybrid of ZiPS and Steamer and manually determined playing time.
- The number in parentheses after LSB Average is the total number of entries for this player.
- Spreadsheet with all entries
|FanGraphs Depth Charts||616.0||.262||.379||.410||.789||87||1.23|
|LSB Average (65)||653.0||.279||.382||.432||.814||100||0.57|