Texas Rangers rumors: Is Wandy Rodriguez the Rangers' new fifth starter?
Via Twitter, Scott Lucas points out that the team's press notes have Jimmy Reyes starting for the Round Rock Express tonight, rather than Wandy Rodriguez, who was expected to start.
The Rangers, of course, don't have a fifth starter right now -- Derek Holland's spot in the rotation was taken for one start by Anthony Ranaudo, who was optioned after that game. The Rangers could juggle the rotation so that that spot doesn't come up again until April 28, but with Ross Detwiler struggling as well, Texas could be opting to give Wandy a start this weekend, and possibly give Detwiler some extra time between starts.
Or it could just be a typo, or Wandy could be hurt, or something else could be going on. But if you're reading the tea leaves, it certainly seems like a reasonable guess that Wandy is going to be in the major league rotation soon.
- Poll: Who should make the start the next time the Rangers need a fifth starter
- Nick Tepesch's option reversed, now on the major league disabled list
- Tanner Scheppers activated from the disabled list
- Ranaudo optioned, Freeman clears waivers
- Jon Edwards optioned to AAA, Stolmy Pimentel added to active roster