Kyuji Fujikawa is expected to be activated from the disabled list today, according to Evan Grant in a new blog post.
Fujikawa has been on a rehab assignment at AAA Round Rock, and was expected to make his final rehab appearance tomorrow. With the bullpen struggling, however, it sounds like Fujikawa will be up today. Grant also speculates that lefthander Sam Freeman, who was acquired from St. Louis this spring with an eye towards being the lefty specialist out of the pen, but who was DFA'd after a couple of disastrous appearances, could be brought up today as well.
Alex Claudio has been homer-prone since being called up, and he would appear to be the most likely candidate to be sent down to make room for Fujikawa. If an additional move is made, Grant suggests that either Anthony Bass (who can be optioned) or Stolmy Pimentel (who is out of options) would be the most likely pitcher to go.
- Texas Rangers rumors: Carlos Peguero and the roster crunch
- Rougned Odor optioned, Thomas Field called up and starting at second base
- Video: Joey Gallo home run, his third in four games
- Josh Hamilton: Texas Rangers outfielder goes 1-3 in first rehab game
- Texas Rangers outright Mike Kickham to AAA Round Rock