Keith Law mock draft: The Texas Rangers are projected to select UC-Santa Barbara righthanded pitcher Dillon Tate with the #4 pick in the 2015 MLB draft, in Keith Law's latest mock draft which was just released.
A lot can change in the eleven days between now and the draft, but more and more, the consensus seems to be that the Rangers are grabbing Tate if he falls to them. I tweeted a couple of days ago that if I had a choice between "Tate" and "The Field" for the pick at #4, I'd probably go with Tate.
Tate has jumped up to be one of the consensus top three players in this draft, along with Brendan Rodgers and Dansby Swanson. Vanderbilt RHP Walker Buehler and LSU shortstop Alex Bregman are two names that have also been linked to the Rangers at #4, and if the top three players are all off the board, those are a couple of guys Texas could pursue. Tate's fastball and slider have both gotten 70 grades placed on them, and there's some thought that he's got legitimate top of the rotation potential, with the risk that he may end up having to be a reliever long-term.
- 2015 MLB Draft: Alex Bregman to Texas in latest Kiley McDaniel mock
- 2015 Texas Rangers draft: Latest BA mock draft has Tate to Texas
- 2015 MLB Mock Draft: Texas Rangers take Brendan Rodgers in first Keith Law mock
- 2015 MLB Mock Draft: Daz Cameron to Texas in Jim Callis mock draft
- Keith Law's Top 25 prospect list includes two Rangers