Rangers 15, ChiSox 2
- Was that the perfect game? It was pretty close.
- Joey Gallo. Man, what can you say about his debut? I mean, 3-4 with a single, a double and a home run, plus a walk in his first game above AA? Incredible. The man rose to the occasion.
- I'm sitting here staring at my computer screen, thinking I should be saying more about Gallo's debut. I don't know what more can be said. When Adrian Beltre got hurt, we all said, don't ask if Gallo will come up, that's not going to happen. And he got called up. Then we said, well, let's be realistic in our expectations, he's not ready yet, he's going to struggle. And he hits a single in his first plate appearance, hits a homer in his second plate appearance, and comes a foot or two short of a homer in his third plate appearance. Just unbelievable.
- While the offense was the story today -- and Joey Gallo the main character in that story -- we shouldn't overlook the performance Colby Lewis turned in. Coming off a disastrous start his last time out, Colby threw strikes (71 out of 94 pitches), worked quickly, and allowed just 2 runs (both scoring on an Adam Eaton home run) on 6 hits in 7 IP, with 0 walks and 4 Ks. That was the good Colby we saw so much in the first month of the season.
- Jon Edwards and Anthony Bass each pitched a scoreless inning to close things out. In 19.1 IP between Texas and Round Rock this season, Edwards has allowed 2 runs.
- Prince Fielder went 1 for 5 today. Robinson Chirinos was lifted after a first inning HBP. Every other Ranger hitter got at least two hits tonight. That includes Carlos Corporan, who came into the game for Chirinos and went 2 for 4 with a homer and 5 RBIs. Shin-Soo Choo had 2 singles and a home run. Mitch Moreland had 2 hits and a walk. Elvis Andrus had a pair of walks, a single, a triple, and a great play in the field.
- Just an awesome, fun game tonight. And the Rangers are now 2 games above .500.
- I can't wait to go to sleep tonight, because when I wake up, I'll be just 12 hours away from watching Joey Gallo play baseball again.