Orioles 4, Rangers 2
- I know this will come as a surprise, but the Rangers struggled against a lefty starter again.
- Okay outing from Nick Martinez, who gave up all four O's runs. He was one out shy of going 7 innings, allowing a walk and striking out 5. His main problem was allowing a pair of home runs, which brought home three of the four runs. However , an Adrian Beltre error preceded one homer, so Martinez got dinged for just three earned runs, meaning he got credit for a quality start.
- Spencer Patton faced three batters and retired only one of them, with two singles also being given up, although one of the singles was of the meek weak infield variety. Sam Freeman faced three batters and retired them all, striking out two, and is making us ponder if Freeman might be a useful bullpen piece.
- Not much to speak of offensively. The Rangers had four hits and a walk. Shin-Soo Choo and Ryan Rua each homered, but otherwise, we had a big bag of blah.
- Ah, well. These games happen. Texas tried to take the series tomorrow.